Top rated podiatrist in Springfield, VA, Dr Ross, DPM, sees many patients concerned about bunions. In most cases however, he recommends these few simple home remedies for proper care of bunions. Home treatment may help alleviate bunion pain and may help prevent one from worsening.
To Relieve Bunion Pain At Home
- Use of over the counter pain relievers and anti-inflammatories , such as Ibuprofen, aspirin or acetaminophen.
- Elevate your foot above your heart and ice the foot/toe for ten to twenty minute intervals while you rest.
- Soak the bunion in warm water with half a cup of epson salts devolved into the water. Try using a foot massager or whirlpool if you have one.
- Maintain an ideal, healthy weight, as determined by a Body Mass Indicator.
Treatments with shoes while at home or at work
- Use of orthotics, bunion pads, or arch supports under the big toe may redistribute your weight and relieve stress on the big toe.
- Over-the-counter moleskin or gel-filled pads placed over and around pressured areas to protect the bunion from rubbing.
- Shop for wide fitting footwear with plenty of toe room, or take your preferred shoes to a repair shop and asked to have them stretched to fit your feet.
If you have any concerns about bunions, we’re here for you at our Springfield podiatry office. Your Springfield, VA podiatrist can address your symptoms and keep your feet happy and healthy. If you have any questions, please call us at 571-290-2295 or request an appointment today
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our Springfield, VA podiatry office would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
The Podiatry Center
Springfield, VA's Top Rated Podiatrist Specializing In Bunion Pain
The Podiatry Center and Dr. Paul Ross treat all medical and surgical foot pain, ankle pain, heel pain and bunion pain conditions. Dr. Paul Ross, a licensed podiatrist in Springfield, VA can help bring you relief from foot pain.
Dr. Ross and our Springfield, VA podiatry office offers the most effective and state-of-the-art, highest quality podiatry care with a smile, to patients in our local community, including: Springfield, VA, Arlington, VA,Fairfax, VA, Burke, VA, Gaithersburg, MD, Potomac, MD, Annandale, VA, Chevy Chase, MD, Bethesda, MD, Woodbridge, VA, Rockville, MD, Silver Spring, MD and Alexandria, VA.
Get back to doing the things you love, pain-free!