3D Scanning for Orthotics
3D Printed Custom Orthotics Offer Precision & Comfort
The Podiatry Center is at the cutting edge of new technology and products that will give our patients the best results possible, so you can live an active and healthy lifestyle. As part of our commitment to innovation, we offer FitStation powered by HP, which combines 3D foot scanning with dynamic gait analysis to enable both orthotic recommendations and 3D printed custom orthotics in Bethesda, MD, and Springfield, VA.
The Podiatry Center will analyze our findings and prescribe a 3D printed custom orthotic just for you. The lattice design of the 3D printed custom orthotic is superior in every way because they are lightweight and comfortable while helping to correct the biomechanical problems that lead to pain and discomfort.
Benefits of 3D Printed Orthotics
- 3D printed custom orthotics allow our podiatrists to design a device that has more precision and comfort than ever before
- For areas of your foot where more biomechanical control is needed, the 3D printer fills the lattice spaces without making the orthotic thicker or heavier
- Other segments of your foot may require more, or less, support and flexibility. 3D printing can achieve all of this through more or less filling of the lattice framework without the bulkiness of other custom orthotics
- Our 3D printed orthotics are thin and lightweight, so they will fit in most of your footwear
- By wearing your 3D printed custom orthotic as prescribed, you will be pain-free in less time
About 3D Printing
3D printing, also called additive manufacturing, is known to be precise, and therefore, more reliable than error-prone manual manufacturing, which has dominated the custom orthotic industry since the 1950s. Unfortunately, 3D printing custom orthotics had not been an option due to slow printing speeds and materials that lacked accuracy, durability, and comfort. HP Inc. broke through those barriers through the introduction of a revolutionary Multi Jet Fusion 3D printer, patented bio-compatible nylon printing powder, and lattice design that offers unprecedented comfort and control while maintaining a thin profile that will fit in most shoes.
Experience 3D Printed Custom Orthotics in Bethesda, MD & Springfield, VA
To experience our 5-star-rated podiatric care, schedule your New Patient Consultation today by calling (301) 656-6055 to reach our Bethesda, MD, office or (703) 451-2977 to reach our Springfield, VA, office. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- Discuss Your Goals
- Complete Exam & Diagnosis
- Discuss Your Options
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments and technology, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!