Bunions are bumps on the side of the big toe joint, most often caused by ill-fitting shoes. Many of my patients in around the Rockville, MD area simply don’t realize that the wrong shoes can create serious complications like bursitis or hammertoe. Fortunately, if you treat bunions quickly, you can reverse these symptoms and be pain free.
What Can I Do About Them?
At The Podiatry Center near Rockville, MD we believe that surgery should always be the last option. We will help address your symptoms with these conservative methods and make sure your treatment plan works for you.
- Changing shoes to wider, more comfortably fitting shoes is the first step to address bunions.
- Applying ice and resting will help relieve soreness and inflammation.
- Padding and taping or splinting your foot into a normal position can reduce stress on the bunion and alleviate your pain.
- Anti-inflammatory medications or cortisone injections can help control pain temporarily.
- Custom orthotics are created to take pressure off the area causing the bunion and realign the bones in your foot.
When Should I Seek Treatment? If you’re experiencing the following symptoms, it’s time to see a Rockville, MD podiatrist:
- Foot pain that won’t go away
- A bump on the side of your big toe
- Restricted movement of your big toe joint
- Difficulty finding shoes because of bunion
If you have any concerns about bunions, we’re here for you at The Podiatry Center near Rockville, MD. We can address your symptoms and keep your feet happy and healthy. If you have any questions, please call us at 301.656.6055 or request an appointment today.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our podiatry office would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
The Podiatry Center
Top Rated Podiatrist Near Rockville, MD, Specializing In Bunion Treatment
The Podiatry Center treats all medical and surgical foot pain and ankle pain conditions, including bunions. Dr. Paul Ross, a licensed podiatrist near Rockville, MD, can help bring you relief from your bunion.
Our podiatry office near Rockville, MD offers the most effective and state-of-the-art, quality podiatry care services with a smile to patients in our local community, including: Rockville, MD, Bethesda, MD, Chevy Chase, MD, Woodbridge, VA, Annandale, VA, Arlington, VA, Alexandria, VA, Burke, VA, Gaithersburg, MD, Potomac, MD, Silver Spring, MD and Springfield, VA.
Return to a pain-free life and get back to the things you love!